Tuesday, October 19, 2010

New Doors and Johansen Farms

Ahhhhhh! Finally a home improvement project I wanted instead of something we had to do. Over the past few years, we've had some unexpected home improvement projects come up, and they prevented us from doing the projects we would like to do around the house. New exterior doors are the one thing I have wanted for years (well. . .besides the basement being finished, but I'm coming to terms with the fact that is going to be awhile). We finally saved enough to get them, and they're finished and installed! We got great deals on the doors themselves, and met a neighbor who pretty much does it all and is EXTREMELY reasonably priced (so if you ever need a home improvement project, let me know, we highly recommend this guy and I know he goes pretty much all over). I'm so happy with our doors that I wanted to share.

Today, Joe and I both had the day off, so we decided to spend a family day at Johansen Farms. We had beautiful weather, and being a Tuesday, there was no crowd! It was fabulous, we even got our own private hay ride! The girls had fun, and we just had an all around awesome day.

I don't know why, but this is acting funny today, so I can't get the captions to line up correctly. the first picture is the new front door, storm door and exterior trim. The second picture is the new side door and storm door.




















Just an absolutely sweet picture


Giovanna feeding the goats

They had baby chicks that you could pick up and pet.
They're quick little suckers, but Joe became the master
at catching them!
Giuliana even pet the baby chick

Giovanna in the pumpkins
Giuliana in the pumpkins

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers