Thursday, June 16, 2011

BIG Beds!

I know, I know, I've been neglecting the blog. I'm sorry. Since we got back from our trip to Georgia, things have been pretty hectic. A quick up to speed: Gunnar spent spring break with us, Giuliana turned 1 and we had a wonderful party with friends and family, we had a bunch of doctor's appointments with Giuliana turning 1, Easter, Mother's Day, other family birthdays, Memorial Day, Gunnar returned and is now with us for 6 weeks, bringing us to today!

For a few months now, Giuliana has been crawling into Giovanna's toddler bed and basically claiming it as her own. The other day I found her with her chubby little leg over the rail of the crib, she was trying to climb out! That's when I said, "it's time" to which Joe responded, "oh she's been doing that for weeks!" WHAT?!?! I wish I knew that!

So we spent a family day and went shopping to get the girls all the necessary bedding for the big transition night. Giovanna moved to the bottom bunk of the bunk beds, and Giuliana moved into the toddler bed. Night 1 went VERY well. Giuliana only came out of bed one time and slept til 8:15 am. I knew Giovanna would be fine because she naps in our bed all the time. Joe's test was nap time today, and it was a success! He said he put Giuliana in her bed for a nap and she fell right asleep. He even had to wake her up 2 hours later! Let's hope this luck continues!



The bunk beds


Giuliana in her big girl bed.



Giovanna in her BIG big girl bed.


3 kids up on top!



I love this picture of Giuliana peeking through the slats

of the top bunk!



Another picture I think is cute, Giovanna on the top bunk.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers