Monday, September 27, 2010

What a Relief!

These next couple of weeks are going to be crazy busy with Giuliana's doctors appointments. When we get on a roll like this, I start to get a little depressed because it brings up all my fears that I have suppressed from the last round of appointments. Today we took Giuliana for a Bedside Swallow Study, and I have to say that after today's appointment I feel optimistic again. Giuliana has been eating rice cereal with a spoon for about a week and a half now. The speech therapist said she does not have any concerns, and that Giuliana is doing really well with the spoon. Giuliana will not need a Video Swallow Study (phew because that involves radiation). Her therapist gave us a couple of toys to help Giuliana control and be aware of her tongue, and we are to keep doing what we're doing.

This Friday, Giuliana and I will be spending the night at Lutheran General Hospital for her Sleep Study. Since we're already there, and it's been 6 weeks from her last blood test, on Saturday morning we'll also have her blood drawn to check her AFP levels. Then, on Columbus Day, we have her 3 month abdominal ultrasound. I can't believe how well she's doing in every other aspect, she's developing a happy personality, sitting, crawling, eating, yet I still have to bring my baby girl to look for Cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers