Friday, April 9, 2010

Fabulous Big Brother & Big Sister!

Gunnar has finally held Giuliana! This year was our Easter, and things were a bit hectic around the house, so Gunnar helped us out by holding Giuliana while Joe and I were tending to other matters! Gunnar has been great. He is so sweet and genuinly concerned about his little sister (although he looks a bit scared holding her in the picture below!!!). Also, tonight, Giuliana was having a bit of a meltdown, and I was trying to put Giovanna down for a nap. Giovanna kept getting out of bed, so while I was trying to calm Giuliana, Gunnar kept walking Giovanna back to her bed for her nap. After awhile, I decided to just let her stay up. She eventually fell asleep on the living room floor on the boppy pillow. I still can't lift her, so I tried waking her up to walk back to bed. Gunnar was helping me trying to wake her. It was so sweet how gentle he was being with her.

Giovanna is loving being a big sister. She is always kissing Giuliana, covering Giuliana with her blanket (her bits as she now calls it), and when I burp Giuliana, Giovanna burps her baby too! Today I was amazed. When I finished giving Giuliana her bottle, I set it on the coffee table. Giovanna picked up the bottle, so I asked her to put it on the stool in the kitchen (that's where she keeps her drinks). She was in there for awhile, and quiet, so I thought she was getting in trouble. I went in the kitchen and couldn't find the bottle. Giovanna is good about throwing things in the garbage for us, so I thought that's where she put the bottle. Luckily she didn't, but I searched the kitchen, dining room, and living room and couldn't find the bottle. I thought to check the sink, and the little gem that she is managed to get the bottle into the sink!

The Easter Bunny brought Giovanna roller skates this year. It's been cold outside, so mommy let Giovanna try out her skates in the house (even though daddy said not to, oops!) Below is a video of Giovanna skating with Papa.

Gunnar holding Giuliana for the first time on Easter.

Trixie #1 and Trixie #2!

Giovanna "roller skating!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers