Sunday, May 31, 2009

She Can Do it!

As I've mentioned before, I belong to a website called babycenter.com, and I do a lot of research on that page. I read an article about how in the past it was believed that sucking your thumb can cause buck teeth, but in reality it's those darn sippy cups. Sippy cups have shown to cause buck teeth and speech issues, so we have decided to bypass the sippy cup. Joe and I have tried to teach Giovanna to drink out of a cup. While successful at times, it is often messier than productive, so we have opted to try cups and straws. What a success! What actually triggered the idea, we were at Twins (greasy spoon restaurant) for lunch on Joe's birthday and Giovanna was sitting on my lap while we ate. She kept trying to take my Coke, so I said, "If you can figure it out, you can have some." (thinking she would never figure it out) Well it only took about three attempts and we saw Coke shoot up the straw and I said, "Oh my god, she just had Coke!" This weekend we tried the cup and straw tactic, and she is doing great with it. No Coke, just water! We also introduced her to cauliflower and that's a moderate success. You have to heat it up enough in order for her to like it. If it's too cold, you just get the yucky face! Also, Gunnar and Jack's baseball teams faced eachother on Saturday. The Braves won 20-5. Gunnar hit a single, double, walk, and strike out. Jack pitched and struck Gunnar out, and Gunnar pitched striking Jack out. At least they're even!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers